Sunday, August 31, 2008

3rd. Brew day this month

Had a chance to brew today and jumped on it.
Brewed up a Pale Ale. A big hoppy pale ale that is. Put 5 oz. of different hops in this one. The smell that was coming out of the pot was wonderfullllllll. I used..........

1 OZ. COLUMBUS (60MIN)
1 OZ. GLACIER (15MIN)
1 OZ. CASCADE (10MIN)
.5 OZ. CASCADE (2MIN)
.5 OZ. STERLING (2 MIN)
.5 OZ. CASCADE (FLAME OUT)
.5 OZ. STERLING (FLAME OUT)

The last two hop additions called for dry hopping. I hate dry hopping. It does get some nice hop smell into the beer, but I hate trying to transfer beer when it has an once or more of hops hanging around in it. So I added them at flame out instead. Will still get a good bit of aroma out of these hops.
Still looking to get my new Beverage-Air running. Just need to order the fan, and some new gas and beer lines. Money is getting very tight, and if I do get this thing running I will then want to fill it with 15.5 gallons of beer. Well, that will cost me also, so I am in no big hurry. I could just brew more and more. I have a hard time keeping 4 kegs of homebrew on tap. I doubt I could keep up if I wanted eight beers on tap!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds delicious.