Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas, cameras, work, New Years

Well, Christmas is over.
The kids are happy. Well, for now. They had some great gifts. One gift "the girl" had was the Nintendo Wii. One gift I gave "the wife" was the Wii fit. And one gift she gave me was a Zelda game. I grew up on Zelda. And I love it. If I am standing up or even sitting down to play this game, I forget to drink! And if I am not drinking beer, well, I guess that is a good thing. Which brings me to my wife's gift of the Wii fit. I set up the game and the little pad, box, thinging that you stand on. Well in doing so you need to set you "person" up and then stand on this thing. Long story short, it set an age for me of 61!!!!, Oh and it said I was the O word. You know. The word that comes after over weight.
Now, I know I am fat. I have been fat since my first marriage. For three years of high school I was at 165 Lbs. at 6 foot 3 inches. I know weigh,,,, wait for it............ wait.......... 245. And I seem to have lost an inch. I am now at 6 foot 2.
Is the extra weight making me slump an inch?
I don't know. But I know I am fat. I have known that I am fat for 15 years. I don't need a computer game to tell me that. I don't need said game to make a noise when I step on to the pad, but it did. I don't need this game to make my little person that I made even fatter then I did when I created it, but it did. SO. As of Jan. 1st. I plan to change many things. The amount of beer I drink is the first thing to be changed. I don't really eat. Not much anyway. But I also don't really move around much. So I figure a change here and there, I should be good!.. Well, I hope.
And did I say that I like Zelda! hehe, It has been around one way or the other for years.
I did add the kitchen camera. It like the dining room camera, isn't always on. But it will be more and more in the next year. The problem with the kitchen camera is that it isn't a wide angle lens. It only picks up half of the kitchen. I can't afford to buy any other camera at this time, so it will need to do. I have thought about adding a second kitchen camera and set them side by side and somehow put the two images together. Now, I don't know how to do this, and the one person I know who does is a little busy as of late. I don't want to bother him with some thing so small as my website. So the picture you get for now is the pic you get.
Every New years is about he same in my house. I wake up the wife as the ball drops, and she rolls over and goes back to sleep. Not much will change this year. Lets just say that I will be awake. AND I will be sure to stay awake most of the night.
I will say it out loud. I will type it here. If I do, I might make a change or two in my life.
By July 10th or so I hope to be 20 to 30 Lbs. less.
The only way to do that is to move more! Drink less, and ???????? I don't know. But I do know that I am in the worse shape of my life.
Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Patrick Conner said...

Hi... How are you doing.. I just wanted to say that your site is looking great.. Keep up the great work.. By the way saw you playing the Wii the other night "Rock On".. I also love playing it and people laugh watching me play on cam lol.. I also tried to sign your guestbook but the (PassCode) thing sucks lol couldnt get it to ever work.. I am Patrick at www.pdconner.com thanks again..

Bks said...

Patrick, I have visited you site many times over the years. I have a long way to go on this site, but working as I learn.
What passcode? I don't know much about the guestbook softwware, but haven't seen any passcode issue..? I will look into it.
Thanks for dropping in!
Brian

Anonymous said...

Loosing weight is though. I lost 40 pounds by simply counting my calories, eating smaller portions and eating healthy snacks every couple hours (raisins, nuts, salad etc). The key is keeping your metabolism going fast by the frequent healthy snacks. Its as simple as this: eat fewer calories than you burn and you will lose weight. The tough part for me is looking at that pan of dinner, and putting a smaller portion on my plate. There are some great free resources like http://caloriecount.about.com/, where you track our calorie intake with their vast database of every food on the planet, from fast food to great value rice. You track your daily calorie intake, they have graphs, goals etc. Good luck buddy. -Bob Kansaslife.net

Gisele Claudya said...

Hi,
I found your site and everyday I can see you throw the webcam. Today You're in the kitchen preparing sth to eat.
Nice 2009 to everybody there.
Hugs and kisses,
Gisele, fom Rio de janeiro, Brazil