Monday, October 6, 2008

Been a while.

Figured I would write something. Not sure what yet, but something will come.
Been having more problems with the software that moves the two cameras. It is a program called BDLCAM. It is a free program, but the guy ask for donations. As much as I like and use this program, I have yet to come up with some cash to send. I know I should. Someone puts this much work into something, he deserves something. Anyway, over the past few weeks this program kicks out on me. I will be at work, check the cams, and the controls are gone. The cam will be stuck in the last position that someone put it in and no longer move. I check it when I get home and it says "run time error". I then reset everything, and it works again for a while. Can't write the dude and ask, because I haven't sent him money. But I don't get many hits on this site, and people are not upset that the PTZ's freeze up, so I am not worried about it right now.
Halloween is coming up soon. So we have put up the pumpkins, and some decorations. wife loves this time of year, the weather is great, and I guess I do also. I just hate what comes with it. Shutting the pool down, the the trees dropping the leaves, the plant starting to look dead. And then comes winter. That sucks even more.Hell, if it is going to be cold, we should get some damn snow! But we never get enough to make winter worth it.
I have yet to find some good wide angle cameras to put in the kitchen or dinning room. Haven't been looking to hard, but I do look. Would love a few more cameras going. A new computer upstairs, and I can add even more. But that is down the road.
Talk at you later.

No comments: