Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Turkey Day

The bird is ready. Well, ready to be cooked anyway. I injected it today and rubbed it down with all kinds of spices. Plan to drop it into the oil around 1pm.
I figure with this 14 lb bird, a 12 lb ham, and all the fixin's it should be a good day. Oh, also have a 7 lb turkey breast coming out of an oven to add to the mix.Not my idea, but we have more people coming this year, so the extra breast might come in handy. Besides, there is always room for breast....
And beer.
The living room computer was having problems. It seems like the monitor decided to fry. With no monitor, the computer updated itself, and I couldn't see to turn the cams back on. So they were down for a day or so.I replaced the dead LCD with an old CRT I had sitting around. It is big, old, and the color sucks, but it is working for now. While looking inside the computer, I did see some problems. A leaky capacitor, ten thousand pounds of dust and cat hair, and the fan on the old graphics card is no longer moving. I picked this computer up a good 10 years ago or so. Not sure how much life is left in it. Hell, just had "Mars" rebuilt, and now "Pluto" is going to the dogs... I can live with the desk top repairs. I hate it, but it isn't the end of the world when one goes down for a while. Getting them back up and running is the hard part, and I still have a few problems with the dining room computer ( like not being able to get online.... cameras go out, but I can't surf). I have the feeling that when "Mimas" (this laptop) goes down, well that WILL be close to the end of the world. I do everything from this machine. Work, payroll, taxes, surf, etc. If you ever see me in a ball on the floor it is because this computer has died.......

If you drop in on the cameras Thursday and the deck is on fire, have a beer and toast the memory of the turkey. But I have been deep fryon' for 5 years or so now. No problems yet. Knock on wood.....

Happy thanksgiving to those of you who pay any attention to it....
Bk

No comments: