Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mars is almost gone....

Getting very close to our vacation now. Will be hitting the road Sunday morning, I am sure the drive will not be good. But, once we hit the sand in Kitty Hawk, it will be worth it.
Was so excited about sending video from the beach, but don't think that will happen. And it looks like "Mars", the machine that runs the Kitchen and Dinning room cams is on its last legs. I drop the cameras every internet every day now, and I am getting crazy error messages now. It was given to me a while back, and it has seen its better days. So, my plans to add more cams while on vacation, and to see my house while away, is slowly fading away. It is nice to drop in your home and see that everything is ok. One of the reasons I wanted to do this site in the first place. But it looks like I will need to do some major work to these machines once I get back in town. So, if a few cams go down in the next day or so, it is because I can't be here to reboot the computer 5 or 6 times to get them back.And once I do get back in town, Mars will be taken down until I can fix it. Replacement would be better, but I don't see that anytime soon.
I don't need to worry too much about the house while we are away. Cameras or no cameras, I do have people taking care of things while we are gone. Mother in law will stick around, a kick ass alarm system, and a few friends, family, and employees keeping things in line. Not that anyone would care about our house, but it always make worry when we leave.....Something always seems to go wrong..... Knock on wood.............
Look for beach pics soon...

No comments: