Friday, July 3, 2009

Computer fun

Still playin' with the website and my computers.
I have set up Two remote cameras now. They will only be on once in a while. I don't have a wireless service to run these often.
I was just trying to get ready for our beach trip, that's why I started the idea of remote computers.
The frame rate on these computers are sad at best. But it is better then nothing at all. The computers in the house have slowed to a crawl. It has been getting worse over the last year, and I have no idea why. I have added memory to two machines, defragged, removed programs, and nothing seems to help. My wife and kids are getting very upset when they want to go on line. You click the blue E and walk away for 5 or 10 min...... So slow. I am going to try to get them to use Firefox. It seems to work well on my laptop, but haven't tested it on the home computers.

I found this guy who builds some great computers, and doesn't charge too much, but I wont be able to replace these systems ANY time soon. So I guess we run slow for now.

But hey, two more cams to turn on once in a while!!!!

Bks

No comments: