Friday, June 26, 2009

Network???Hello??!!!

Well, I don't get it. I powered down "Pluto" added a gig of memory and booted back up. I then strung my back up cat5 wire all over the house and rebooted my router. My cameras were back online again. BUT, I can't have this wire all over the place, so I took it off and plugged the other one back in. And I am still on the net...
So if the power goes out, or I turn it off, I loss the network. If I plug in a NEW cat5 wire, get on line, then switch out to the chewed up line thatI have spliced 4 or 5 times, it works....
Who knows..... I am sure someone smarter then me. Or someone who could test my wire.... But It is online, so I wont touch a thing for now....
I am sure it will go down again the minute I go on holiday...hehe... Vacation....I just love the sound of holiday.. Anyway, I am sure they will go down before I leave the state and I wont be able to watch my house.....

If I can, but I am sure I have no idea how, I will set up a remote cam next month from the beach......I can only ask my friend for so much help, don't want to be a nag....
Later,
Bks

No comments: