Friday, October 23, 2009

Cams back up...for now..

I set up a new computer in the Dining room today. And after searching the internet for all the software ( for two cameras, linksys USB thumb drive, and a few misc. drivers) I was up and running. It took a bit more to download the free trial of webcamXP to play with, and even more trial and error to get all the IP and port stuff worked out. BUT, it looks like I have two cameras back. I figure I will need to shell out $100 bucks or so to keep them up. WebcamXP isn't cheap. Every year it cost more. But It seems like a great program. So if anyone has Some cash sitting around to and like to drop in this site.............................
I am having the motherboard, memory, and brainsssssssss, replaced on the computer that went belly up. I replaced it with a spare that I had sitting at work. This was my "Mars" machine in the dining room. I will take it back to work to replace an old machine at the front desk. I will then rebuild that computer and bring it home. Might as well use one of the two or ten cameras I have been sitting on for years. Just gotta figure out where to point said cameras... Damn crazy hobby..... Once you get passed having a camera on 24/7, you want more.... Even if you know no one in their right mind would want to look at you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, if you already have a licence for webcamXp, you don't need to purchase another, I purchased 1 years ago and I use 7 instances of webcamXp, I will email you further information ok, thankyou.