Thursday, February 26, 2009

New toy, New Virus

Wife let me pick up a GPS today. A nice little Garmin nuvi 200. It was only $129. at white trash mart. I decided to register it online and up date the software and maps.While trying to update the maps, and I do stress trying, I noticed my McAfee kept kicking on and off. Well, the update crashed after a while and I started running a virus scan. It is still running but it has already found 12 version of a virus. This one is called JV/Eploit-Gimsh. And they are all in the Sun Java folders.
The same program that was running while trying to update the GPS. I hope to hell this goes away. The virus I have at work will not go away. I run McAfee and it will delete 12-15 parts of the virus, but can't touch one wee little bit. Then it just spreads all over again.
I will finish this scan with my fingers crossed. But my luck, I am screwed.Just as I am with my work server.
Wish me luck.

No comments: