Saturday, November 1, 2008

Chili Cook off tonight at 6pm

Not that the day is here, I will tell you about my chili. Didn't want the others to see it until tonight. But they don't read, visit, or look at my site! So not sure why I act like this chili will be stolen...I like to pretend sometimes that people read this, and that things like my receipts are looked for...I started with an idea for a pumpkin chili, and found one that looked good. Then I changed everything about it.. I just cant leave things alone. The meat was changed from cubed turkey to Mild ground Italian sausage and ground turkey breast. After that, I go out on my own. I added onions,garlic cloves,yellow and orange peppers diced up and cooked up in olive oil. Chicken broth pure pumpkin, black beans, lots of diced tomatoes, green chili's, diced jalapenos, and think salsa. Also dashes of parsley,chili powder,oregano, cumin,red pepper,paprika,red hot, etc.
It is now on the stove again for a slow warm up over the next 6 hours or so.
Going to carve a pumpkin to serve it out of.
If the awards for best chili look half as good as they did last year I want one!

No comments: